Friday, July 17, 2009

C# Vs Java

well everyone must have wondered what is the language that I should pick up to learn programming....well many of us including myself find this very hard and nasty....talking about java, it provides all the nuts and bolts of oop and yet simple enough to keep you indulged ..Its power lies in its easy to code and easily available API.....Java is a perfect ground for excelling in Academia...

C# basically focuses on RAD and provides inter operatibility between other .NET targeted languages like VB and many more.. Which in terms save lots of hard work while product development ...Compared to JNI, C# allows developers to work with COM /COM+ with less turmoil....C# exploits both Java's and C++ programming paradigm to claim itself as the language of future....All these are ample for professionals.....

So I guess if you are in academics and you thrive for knowledge rather than quick and easy product development, go for Java.....else you go with C#.....

By all these sayings i don't mean to say that Java is not the professional's language...what i am trying to impart is Java is the best thing to learn during initial programming for learning purpose....

3 comments:

  1. yup ur rite but after my continued java work i still find java much powerful dan C# especially at the flexibility it gives in every corner...C# depends only on visual studio's intelligence for easiness... but ur to develop for other platforms like Linux using C# using Linux platform (remember NOVELL's developing .Net platform for linux) dan its quite da opposite... soon C# will be replaced by another language E# or F# in future... u must be finding confusion due to lots of technology around Java (struts, spring, etc) but in .Net there is confusion of even more things namely Language... Microsoft is continuing its Old habit of creating Old Wine in New Bottle affect... da way it fooled ppl wid OS it is continuing same in its .Net platform... atleast each technology of Java is based on particular pattern viz is more relative to engineering (eg JSF uses MVC or Spring uses IOC) but in .net there is no engineering things... microsofts still continuing its older pattern in creating languages .... Copy a Hit language (Java) n use its OS (Windows) market to dominate market as it does for other products too... managing a C# product is very hard later coz .net depends entirely on IDE for managing things but wid different versions things do change n affect s/w engg

    ReplyDelete
  2. C# is intuitional and gives ample working ground for novice to cope with rapid application development atleast for the time being... The interoperatibility of languages that accompanies the .net framework is something really worthy...I think the charm lies here....

    I agree with u sumit in case of microsoft policy to dominate with C# using its profound stature of operating system...however in years to come open source and its compatibles protruting as singularities in computer science should not be amazing to us........

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am an Engineering student from Nepal. I have fond feeding my appetite with techno talk.I am working as a software developer at present. Right now I am also soaking my feet into programming...While I learn I'd like to share my experience to you all bloggers..and yeah I don't forget to code some fun in my life, may it be rafting, trekking,...